Posted 10/15/19 - Bloomfield, New Jersey
Position: Animal Control Officer*/Shelter Attendant (P/T)
Department: Bloomfield Animal Shelter
Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Qualifications: At least 18 years of age, possess a NJ driver’s license, a high school diploma or equivalent and must have the State of New Jersey Animal Control Officer Certification, one year of experience preferred.
How to Apply: Please forward resume and cover letter with copy of credentials to:
Jacqueline Gabriele, Assistant to Support Services Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: TBD
*Bloomfield Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Posted 09/24/19 - Willingboro Township, New Jersey
Job Title - Per diem Animal Control Officer
Summary: Willingboro Township is currently seeking applicants for a position as a per diem Animal Control Officer. The Animal Control Officer will be expected to work approximately 15-20 hours a week and must be able to work weekends, Holidays, and nights. Applicant must be available for on call status as well. Applicants must reside in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester or Mercer County.
Applicant Requirements: Must have a current New Jersey Animal Control Officer Certification. Must have a valid New Jersey driver's license.
Apply To: Please send resumes to email@example.com or contact Lt. Robert Welch at (609)877-2200, ext 1135
Posted 09/20/19 - West Milford, New Jersey
Job Title - Assistant Animal Control Officer - Part-time
Summary: The Township of West Milford is seeking to fill the position of a part-time Assistant Animal Control Officer to work alternating weeks including nights and weekends. Candidates must possess a valid certificate as an Animal Control Officer issued by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services along with a valid NJ Driver's License. An Animal Control Officer License is preferred.
Job Responsibilities for West Milford A.A.C.O.:
To Apply: Candidates must complete an application (click here to immediately download a PDF of the application) and submit with resume to:
Human Resources Department
Township of West Milford
1480 Union Valley Road
West Milford, NJ 07480
The Township of West Milford is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 09/12/19 - Jefferson Township, New Jersey
Part-time Animal Shelter Attendant
Jefferson Township, located in northwest Morris County, seeks a part-time attendant to work 20 hours per week at the municipal animal shelter. The position includes the feeding of dogs and cats, cleaning of the shelter interior, and facilitation of dog and cat adoption (limited hours). The successful candidate must possess a valid New Jersey driver's license. Experience handing animals preferred. Please send resume and cover letter to:
Posted 09/09/19 - Bordentown Township, New Jersey
Bordentown Township Shared Services is looking for a Part Time ACO serving Bordentown, Florence, Columbus and Mansfield Townships.
Applicant must have all certifications and a valid driver’s license.
We are looking for on call status with the ability to respond in a timely manner at least 3 nights a week and alternating weekends.
$25 per hour/2 hour min for call outs.
Contact: ACO Nicole Bencivengo, 609-298-4300 x 2126
Hunterdon/Somerset/Morris/Union County Areas, New Jersey
Animal Control Solutions is Hiring a Full Time Animal Control Officer
Animal Control Solutions is hiring a Full Time Animal Control Officer for Hunterdon/Somerset/Morris/Union County areas.
Day shifts run from 8:30am 4:30pm with on call nights and rotating weekends. $13-$17 per hour, pay is based on experience and includes an hourly wage plus an on call stipend and overtime. We also pay 50% commission for nuisance wildlife jobs.
Applicants must be NJ State certified, have a clean criminal and driving record, and live within 45 mins of the service area.
Send Resume to Animalsolutions1@aol.com
Posted 07/23/19 - Montgomery Township, New Jersey
Department of Health, Environment, & Vital Statistics
Part-Time Weekend Animal Control Officer (13 to 19 hours/week)
Responsible for enforcing Animal Control laws and ordinances in Montgomery Township and its partner communities. Under direction, is responsible for the handling, capturing, and when necessary, the humane destruction of animals; for the compassionate care and well-being of all impounded animals.
Must be available weekends. NJ Animal Control Officer Certification and a valid NJ driver’s license required.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
• Patrols the streets, capturing and impounding stray animals, nuisance wildlife, and unlicensed dogs.
• Captures, impounds, and transports stray domestic animals and animals suspected of being rabid.
• Contacts the veterinarian when needed if animals appear sick and/or injured.
• Uses nets, traps and other equipment, in the capturing of animals stray and wild.
• Enforces the rabies protocol program and issues summons for violations of local or state Animal Control ordinances. Brings specimens for testing to NJ State Public Health Environmental Laboratory for analysis.
• Timely response to complaints that relate to wild, straying animals, licensed and unlicensed domesticated animals and alleged violations of state anti-cruelty laws. Responses may be at night or on weekends.
• Investigation of animal bite incidents. Issues warnings, summonses, and quarantines, and release quarantines as required.
• Maintains records to properly document all calls and activities.
• Locates and marks deer carcasses on roadways and provides notification to deer removal contractor.
• Assists residents with wildlife concerns, and gives advice on how to abate situations if animal is not sick or injured, including referrals to Wildlife Center.
• Assists in licensing of dogs and cats and subsequent pet census for Montgomery Township.
• Work cooperatively with Township Veterinarian and Contracted Shelter employees.
• May be called upon to participate in community emergency response.
Interested candidates must provide a resume, cover letter, copy of their Animal Control Officer certification. Responses should be forwarded to:
Tami Novak, Personnel Coordinator
Township of Montgomery
2261 Route 206
Belle, Mead, NJ 08502
908-359-8211 x 212
Posted 07/02/19 - Tinton Falls, New Jersey
The Associate Humane Society in Tinton Falls, New Jersey
The Associate Humane Society in Tinton Falls is seeking a full-time Animal Control Officer with a NJ certification and a valid NJ driver's license. Must live in Monmouth County. Rotating on call-schedule and holidays. Must be able to lift 60 lbs. Experience preferred, training provided for the right candidate. Uniforms and benefits provided. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and fill out an application, along with your ACO certification and NJ driver's license at 2960 Shafto Rd, Tinton Falls, 07753
Posted 07/02/19 - Edison, New Jersey
Interested applicants can submit their resume and employment application to:
The Township of Edison HR Deparment
100 Municipal Boulevard
Edison, NJ 08817
Job Title - Animal Shelter Manager
Annual Salary - $65,000
The Township of Edison is seeking a highly motivated individual with at least one (1) year of shelter management experience for the position of Animal Shelter Manager. Reporting to the Administration Office, the Shelter Manager will be responsible for all aspects of daily operations of the shelter and management of the daily shelter activities and supervision of Animal Control Officers, Office Clerk, Animal Shelter Attendants, and volunteers. The candidate will have excellent communication skills, community outreach experience, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and liaise with members of the Council, Health Officials, Veterinary Staff & Department, and local residents.
The manager will monitor, manage and be responsible for daily shelter operations including but not limited to:
• Update and maintain SOP procedures and policies yearly. Ensure all staff adheres to SOP.
• Ensure that all Animal Control vehicles are maintained, kept clean & stocked as needed.
• Preparation and mailing of monthly outside town billing including preparation of nenewal contracts with outside towns at year-end.
• Sanitation & maintenance of the interior and exterior of the facility including HVAC system and all mechanical and operational equipment
• All facets of animal care to include feeding, cleaning, exercising, socialization, medical care, and proper documentation
• Monthly scheduling of all shelter employees including vacations & holidays and 24-hour scheduling of Animal Control Officers
• Prepare for an plan for any local emergency seizure of animals (hoarding, eviction, court order, etc).
• Process daily revenue deposits and maintain A/P and A/R records for yearly audit.
• Process daily Payroll input and submit bi-weekly to Finance via the Payroll system.
• Ensure population of adoptable animals at PetSmart store are taken care of and events are manned as needed.
• Dispatch and follow up on all Animal Control calls including animal cruelty/neglect complaints and cases.
• Monitoring and timely ordering of shelter supplies (food, cleaning supplies, litter, medical supplies & stock medications, etc).
• Coordination of volunteer groups and community outreach programs (TNR, Spay/Neuter).
• Review and monitor all adoption applications to ensure animals are going to proper homes. Handle any denied applications with professionalism.
• Oversee schedule of spay/neuter & medical care for all animals between two veterinary clinics to ensure all animals are spayed/neutered prior to or upon appropriate age.
• Promote animal adoptions through social media and Petfinder sites. Maintain updates daily. Transfer to other shelters/rescues when necessary and intake as necessary to maintain flow.
• Attend monthly Director's meeting and Safety Committee meeting and ensure Administration is updated on shelter activites regularly. Conduct safety trainings throughout the year.
• Schedule quarterly Veterinary Shelter inspections and yearly county health shelter inspections and post reports publicly. Submit year-end report to NJ State DOH as required.
The manager is responsible for the proper handling and evaluation of incoming animals with regards to the safety of the animals and staff. The manager assures that all safty equipment and precautions are taken by staff and volunteers when working with shelter animals. The manager is responsible for oversight, mentoring, and training employees to assure a positive customer service experience with the public and volunteers.
Assist in the enforcement of animal licensing and care regulations including but not limited to dog and cat licensing, and the annual dog and cat census.
Other related activities as assigned by the Administrations.
Applicant must possess a valid NJ Driver's License. Animal Control Officer and Animal Cruelty Investigator Certifications while not required are strongly suggested. Prior management experience as a shelter director or manager for a non-profit animal rescue organization would be considered.
Posted 07/02/19 - Union, New Jersey
Township of Union Health Department, 1976 Morris Ave., Union, NJ 07083
Job Title - Animal Control Officer - Full Time
Definition: Under direction, handles, captures wild and strayed domesticated animals; cares for impounded animals; cleans and maintains the impounding facility.
Examples of Work:
• Patrols the streets, captures, and impounds stray animals, unlicensed dogs, animals suspected of being rabid
• Handles complaints regarding wild and stray animals, licensed and unlicensed domesticated animals
• Ability to use nets, snare poles, and humane traps
• Enforces rabies control program and issues summons for violations of local and state animal control ordinances
• Cleans and maintains sanitation of the impounding facility
• Cares for and feeds animals in the public pound
• Transports sick or injured animals and specimens to healthcare facilities or lab
• Must possess a valid certificate as an Animal Control Officer issued by the New Jersey Department of Health
• Must possess a valid New Jersey driver's license
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Ability to be efficient and productive
• Must have enthusiasm, and customer service skills
• Able to work independently within a TEAM structure
• Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 4:30 PM
• 35 hour work week, lunch hour excluded
• Overtime available
Salary: Starting at $30,000
To Apply: Email or fax resume along with a letter of interest by 7/26/2019 to email@example.com or 908-851-4673
Posted 03/18/19 - Jersey City, New Jersey
Liberty Humane Society, 235 Jersey City Blvd., Jersey City, NJ
Job Title - Animal Control Officer - Full Time
Summary: Liberty Humane Society Animal Control Officer is responsible for performing various animal control- and animal-care related duties, under supervision in a humane and professional manner.
• Enforcement of Animal Control laws and ordinances
• Picking up/trapping stray, injured, ill dogs or cats, utilizing knowledge of humane methods of handling and capture
• Ability to recognize sick or injured animals and arrange for medical care
• Responding to animal complaints or concerns
• Assists and advises the public of laws and ordinances pertaining to care and confinement of animals
• Community outreach/provides accurate and appropriate responses to all requests by the public with professionalism and courtesy
• Handling/capturing of wildlife when necessary
• Cleaning/feeding/caring for the animals housed at the animal shelter
• Utilizing shelter computer software with skill and proficiency
• Completing reports, maintaining records, and making notifications and referrals
• Maintaining a clean, safe, fully stocked and well organized work area and vehicle
• Maintaining a positive attitude and contributing toward a quality work environment
• Communicating to management any and all occurrences involving animals that require attention
Abilities and Qualities Required:
• Must possess a valid certificate as an Animal Control Officer issued by the New Jersey Department of Health
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to firmly and calmly communicate in stressful situations
• Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication, listening and computer skills
• Ability to handle confidential information in a secure, professional and discretionary manner
• Must be able to work independently within a team structure
Hours/FLSA Status: EXEMPT POSITION Full-time salaried position. Schedule may vary depending on the needs of the department. Position will require weekend, night, on-call and holiday work.
Introductory Period: The introductory period runs from the date of hire for three months thereafter. For employment in any position with Liberty Humane Society, this introductory period is the period during which the specifics of the job are learned. During this period, either the employee or the Liberty Humane Society may end the employment relationship without notice or prejudice.
Employment: There is no minimum period of employment guaranteed or implied by acceptance of an employment offer.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter referencing your specific interest in this position at LHS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 01/14/19 - Town of Secaucus, New Jersey
Job Title: Animal Control Officer - Full Time
Shift: Flexible Schedule
Location: 525 Meadowlands Road, Secaucus, NJ
Union Affil: Blue Collar Unit Local #11
Salary Level: $35,000
Division: Animal Shelter
Supervisor: Shelter Mgr./Superintendent
Summary: The purpose of this position is to perform any combination of duties relating to treatment and care of animals. Perform any other manually skilled and/or unskilled duties as may be assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Include the following (other duties may be assigned)
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals as labeled under "Right to Know" New Jersey State Law, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
To Apply: Send resume to: email@example.com Please include reference code: ANIMAL SHELTER. EOE/M/F/D/V